All of us need a break sometimes. A lovely, happy, non-stressful break. For me, that often means reading a great book. I enjoy chick movies and chick lit as much as the next girl, but sometimes it is hard to find books without sex scenes in them. I enjoy well written books that have clean language, a few laughs and that aren't cheesy.
In this post, I will share my top 7 favorite romance authors (most of these are Regency style)--and they will give you LOTS of relaxing, happy, clean reading. They usually have kissing to one degree or another, but it ends there.
(Affiliate links are in this post, but feel free to shop around for the best deal or go to your library.)
Note: I have read every book I recommend from each author (and more in most cases), but I can't guarantee that EVERY book these authors write will be clean. But they generally have my trust.
1. Julianne Donaldson: Oh, swoon! Julianne's books are amazing! The only problem- there aren't enough of them! Julianne is a busy wife and mother to her husband and five children and she puts them first (as she should), so writing sometimes takes a back burner. I have never met anyone who likes this genre and does not LOVE Julianne. Run, don't walk to your library or Amazon 1-click buying option! ;)
Recommended books: Edenbrooke (a happy, funny love story)and Blackmoore (more of a brooding, melancholy love story)-- both are tops on my list!
2. Sarah Eden: This girl is a writing machine, and I am so glad! I'm pretty sure I have read all of her books and her sharp and witty writing is hilarious! She has several series of books that carry through different families and their friends, so it is fun to see what happens in the lives of all of her characters.
Recommended books: Seeking Persephone, Courting Miss Lancaster, An Unlikely Match, The Sheriffs of Savage Wells.
3. Josie Kipack: This talented lady also has a series of dessert inspired mystery novels. I am also enjoying her new series on how famous authors and poets met their spouses.
Recommended Books: Forever and Ever (based on Longfellow), Lady of the Lakes ( Sir Walter Scott), Lord Fenton's Folly
4. Rachael Anderson: This author is a new one to me, but she has a bunch of books for free on the Kindle Unlimited program with Amazon = awesome!
Recommended books: The Fall of Lord Drayson (loved this plot line!), The Rise of Miss Notley
5. Kristi Ann Hunter: Another new-to-me author, I'm liking what I'm reading!
Recommended books: Noble Masquerade, An Elegant Facade
6. Jennifer Moore: This woman is quickly becoming one of my favorites. She includes sailing in several of her books and her uncommon plot ideas are fun.
Recommended books: Becoming Lady Lockwood, Lady Emma's Campaign
7. Nancy Campbell Allen: This author is really fun. She has story ideas I had never considered before. She also writes across a wide variety of genres.
Recommended reads: Beauty and the Clockwork Beast (a delightful steampunk novel, though a bit darker), My Fair Gentleman
A few quick tips:
P.S. I also want to do a little shout out to my friend Jenni Archibald. If you are in the mood for a fun fairy tale twist, be sure to check out her book, Terribly Charming. It's a super fun, clean read!
What authors do you enjoy? Share with us!
Proud to be an
affiliate of these wonderful partners!
Do you have an awesome resource you want us to share with our readers? Great! Let us know here.
"We want to illuminate the sacred meaning