Aristotle once said, "Educating the mind, without educating the heart is no education at all." We agree with him. And we want to raise good hearted, educated, successful kids just like you do. We also believe that we all have “The Good” inside each of us, and that both we and our children all have a vital contribution that only we can make to the world. However when hearts, minds and souls are not deliberately educated and nurtured, our potential contribution to the world is stunted, and "what could have been" never will be.
Raise the Good is a gathering place where we share, celebrate and absorb excellent resources that make it easy to recognize, and raise the good in ourselves, our children and others. None of us is perfect-but by trying we do get better, and we inspire our children as well.
The topics we focus on are designed to create a "whole" person, who is a conscious agent, one who gives, and grows, more than they take. To be that kind of a person, we believe that we must master these five areas :
1. Character: the backbone of humanity.
2. Education: more than just facts; knowledge and wisdom bring freedom and joy.
3. Faith: our deeper "why" to how we choose to live, which brings added accountability and peace.
4. Relationships: the state of the world is simply a reflection of our families and communities. When we master our relationships and become a citizen of the world, we demonstrate love, understanding, service and leadership.
5. Intentional Living: Though we can not control everything that happens in our lives, we can choose to act intentionally, in a way that will bring us fulfillment and happiness. Planning ahead and learning about ourselves are also important components of this.
Additionally, we want to share the stories of heroes that inspire and surround us every day, and give suggestions for good, clean fun when it is time to relax. We also wish to bring these resources and ideas to the public’s notice--offering them as an alternative to the dysfunction of social ills, harmful popular culture and triviality.
We want to illuminate the sacred meaning and happy consequences that come when regular people like you and me, quietly go about doing good and live up to their potential. As a community, when we take the challenge to raise the good in ourselves, our families, and share it with others, the world will change.
We believe that you already are doing a great deal of good (more than you know!) in your own unique way, right where you stand, where you work, go to school, and in the spheres you operate in. We are just here to help-- by providing a gathering place of excellent resources that are fun, easy and meaningful. Please join us, as we try to Raise the Good, and “be the change [we] want to see in the world” by educating and changing hearts, starting with our own.